A brief rundown of the exciting improvements we’ve made to version 12 of Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Emsisoft Internet Security:
- Improved Behavior Blocker, specifically trained to block all types of ransomware (today’s biggest threat for home-users and enterprises) and for more precise detection of totally new online threats.
- Improved Scanning Engine, optimized for detection and removal of potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), that represent a major nuisance today.
- Improved Anti-Malware Network file database lookups to verify scanner- and real-time protection alerts, and to avoid false positives.
- Revised Whitelisting feature that allows users to create exclusions of programs and folders, now with flexible wildcard- and environment variables support.
- Revised Notifications System, with maximum efficiency to run as quietly as possible in the background without interrupting you during your work.
- Redesigned User Interface and user experience improvements to make it easier to navigate and more convenient to use.
- Hundreds of detail improvements and fixes based on community- and tester-feedback, as usual.
Improved user interface
How to test
You can install version 12 either by selecting the “Beta” update feed in Settings -> Updates, or by downloading the full installer at our beta test forum.
Please note, once your computer upgrades to version 12, you can’t switch back to version 11 anymore. To do that, you’ll need to uninstall version 12 completley and re-install an older setup package from our website.
Important! Only use beta software if you can deal with occasional computer crashes. Beta means the software is not yet fully tested and may still contain serious bugs that affect its functionality.
When will the beta become a stable release?
As soon as the new version meets our high quality expectations, it will be made available via the regular “Stable” update feed. Expect a release within a few weeks.