Frederico Tostes, Country Manager for Fortinet Brazil
“Nubank is a leading digital bank and one of the largest credit issuers in Brazil. The success of this relationship is the result of our investment in innovation and the quality of services provided by our team of cybersecurity experts at Fortinet. This was a first step and we are ready to continue contributing to the data security of the bank and its more than 6 million customers. The relationship and success of our relationship with Nubank shows how the Fortinet Security Fabric’s comprehensive, integrated and automated security platform enables customers to achieve the levels of visibility, flexibility, and efficiency required in cloud security environments.”
Fortinet®, a global leader in broad, integrated and automated cybersecurity solutions, today announced that Nubank, the largest fintech company in Latin America, has deployed Fortinet cloud security solutions to design a cybersecurity IT infrastructure supporting the fintech company’s 1,400 employees and the company’s business growth. Fortinet’s security solutions also support Nubank’s internal security Red Team and offers the fintech company integrated security with the AWS (Amazon Web Services) cloud environment.
Implementing Fortinet Cybersecurity Solutions Heightens Performance for Nubank
Since Nubank selected Fortinet’s security solutions, the relationship has already led to improvements in the availability and management of the Nubank offices’ wireless network, increased network security, better data infrastructure control, and reduced software latency based on Fortinet’s purpose-built SPU Technology security processors to radically boost performance.
Due to the company’s 100 percent digital structure and to ensure the security of its customers’ information, Nubank chose and deployed Fortinet’sFortiGate, FortiSwitch, FortiAP and FortiGate-VM to meet its needs for network protection and the company’s technological ecosystem.
Nubank became the leading fintech company in Latin America relying on Fortinet’s security solutions. The most relevant impacts of the Fortinet deployment on its business were:
- Greater reliability and physical security of devices;
- Better security for AWS, resulting in time savings for the software engineering team;
- A scalable structure, giving Nubank an infrastructure ready to grow and scale with its business;
- Better control of infrastructure, users and information;
- Centralized security visibility and management for the wireless network environment;
- The ability to easily create executive reports related to the compliance and audit by external regulatory bodies;
- Productivity improvements resulting from increased connectivity capabilities.
Customer Supporting Quotes
“We were looking for solutions that would support our internal security Red Team, in addition to improving communication with our Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud environment. To achieve this, we adopted the Fortinet Security Fabric, composed of FortiManager, FortiAnalyzer, FortiGate, FortiSwitch, FortiAP and a virtual FortiGate for AWS. We practically forgot about everything we did before and started from scratch. In just five months, we managed to reorganize our environment and we are already thinking about what the next steps are.”
– Gabriel Diab, Software Engineer at Nubank Brazil
- Learn more about Fortinet’s multi-cloud security solutions here.
- Read the Nubank Brazil case study here.
- Find out more about Fortinet’s FortiGate Next-Generation Firewalls (NGFW) and FortiGate Next Generation Firewall (NGFW) Virtual Appliance Solutions.
- Read more about the Fortinet Security Fabric or the Third Generation of Cybersecurity.
- Learn more about FortinetSecurity Fabric Automation for AWS.
- Find out more about using Fortinet to protect your cloud infrastructure.
- Follow Fortinet on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.