NEWTON, Mass. and PETACH TIKVA and RAMAT GAN, Israel – November 12, 2021 – INTENT, The Security Research Summit, which will take place virtually on November 16, 2021, today announced its line-up of world-class speakers. INTENT is a global event for researchers, by researchers. Co-founded by CyberArk (NASDAQ: CYBR) and Checkmarx, the Summit brings together the global cybersecurity research community to share techniques, discoveries, successes and failures.
INTENT will feature more than 20 inspiring speakers across four tracks. Highlights include:
- Keynote: Making Security a Business Function – Business Information Security Officer Alyssa Miller (@AlyssaM_InfoSec) to address how security can go beyond managing risk and truly demonstrate value to the business itself. Hear examples of how security can drive product agility, encourage innovation, improve business viability and ultimately enhance profitability.
- Panel: Glorious Failures and Spectacular Screwups – Moderated by Erez Yalon, Head of Security Research at Checkmarx, this panel brings together research leaders from Intezer Labs, Claroty, CyberArk Labs and Palo Alto Networks to reveal some of their most spectacular successes and failures, and share how these stories can benefit the community at large.
- Hacking the Pandemic’s Most Popular Software: Zoom – Thijs Alkemade, Security Researcher at Computest
- Bypassing Windows Hello for Business and Pleasure – Omer Tsarfati, Cyber Security Researcher at CyberArk Labs
- Code Obfuscation through Mixed Boolean-Arithmetic Expressions – Arnau Gàmez i Montolio, Founder and Security Researcher at Fura Labs
“We founded INTENT as an opportunity for security researchers to go deeper into their findings and even discuss how failure can lead to ultimate success and discovery,” said Lavi Lazarovitz, co-founder of the INTENT Summit and Head of Security Research at CyberArk Labs. “We deeply appreciate the commitment of our partners and speakers who have come together to inspire and enrich the global security research community, and to help improve overall security resilience for organizations around the world.”
“The sessions we planned are just the beginning of a much greater thing: they’re conversation-starters, idea-sparkers and a tremendous brainstorming opportunity,” said Erez Yalon, co-founder of the INTENT Summit and Senior Director of Security Research at Checkmarx. “My co-founders and other presenters at the INTENT Summit are highly motivated to share their latest findings and to help elevate the practice of information security together.”
Event co-founders are CyberArk, the global leader in Identity Security, and Checkmarx, the global leader in developer-centric application security testing (AST). Additional Summit partners include Claroty, F5, Imperva and Intezer.
To learn more about the event, register or sign up for the Capture the Flag competition (starting November 13), visit: https://intentsummit.org/