Kaspersky Internet Security is the Only Security Solution Awarded the Highest Level Certification in the Latest MRG Effitas Assessment

Woburn, MA – November 9, 2016 – Kaspersky Lab today announced that in the latest MRG Effitas 360 Assessment and Certification Programme, Kaspersky Internet Security was the only security application out of 17 products tested to be awarded a Level 1 certification, the highest possible rating in the test. The product was presented this certification for its ability to protect an endpoint system from all threats at the initial exposure, through behavior detection or blocking the infection within 24 hours.

The MRG Effitas 360 Assessment and Certification Programme put popular security products through thorough testing that was designed to reflect real-world scenarios. It tested the products’ abilities to detect and block multiple types of malware including Trojans, financial malware, ransomware, and backdoor threats.

Products were measured on their ability to protect an endpoint system from a live infection and, in the event of a system being compromised, how much time it took to detect the infection and remediate the system. During the assessment any infected endpoints were re-scanned once during a 24-hour period, to reflect normal user behavior.

Kaspersky Internet Security out-performed all other products in testing. It automatically blocked 100 percent of malware (99.5 percent on access and the remaining 0.5 percent on launch) and 100 percent of ransomware on access. Also, the security solution automatically blocked 98.7 percent of financial malware, preventing the additional 1.3 percent with behavior blocks for an overall result of 100 percent protection.

“At Kaspersky Lab, we have worked hard to develop products that help our users protect what matters most to them, so we are proud that Kaspersky Internet Security has been awarded yet another certification through independent testing,” says Timur Biyachuev, Director, Anti-Malware Research at Kaspersky Lab. “The MRG Effitas 360 Assessment and Certification Programme has a reputation for the in-depth and rigorous testing of products in real-world scenarios. Therefore, the fact that the solution was able to consistently block the vast majority of malware in testing, means that Kaspersky Internet Security users are able to enjoy their digital life without worrying about falling victim. The award reflects our devotion to making the Internet a better, and safer place for everyone.”